100 residential students ill due to food poisoning at Geethanjali Global School at Kompally 

100 residential students ill due to food poisoning at Geethanjali Global School at Kompally 

 Hyderabad,July5:Around 100 residential students from Geethanjali Global School at Kompally were hospitalized following a case of food poisioning.

On Sunday night, the students who stay on the residential campus of the school were served dinner with chicken. Nearly 100 children had complained of vomiting, severe stomach ache and diarrhea after consuming the food. They were shifted to Suraksha Hospital in Tarnaka.

A complaint was lodged against the school by the victim’s parents for serving unhygienic food. The school management was tight lipped about the incident and it did not inform them even after their children were admitted in hospital, alleged the parents.

A parent at the hospital said, “We are shocked at the behavior of the school management as they have not informed us even after our kids were admitted in hospital. How will we know about our child’s health if the school does not inform us? Still many parents are not aware of the incident which is very strange. Kids fell sick after having dinner on Sunday night. Still some kids are in hospital. My kid is fine now.”

Top