2 holdouts prevented Bill Cosby conviction, says juror
Washington D.C. [USA], Jun 22 (ANI): Two holdouts kept Bill Cosby from being convicted guilty of sexual assault, a juror has revealed.
The 79-year-old comedian had been charged in 2015 with three counts of felony aggravated indecent assault stemming from a 2004 incident involving Andrea Constand at his Pennsylvania home.
The juror, who spoke to ABC News on condition of anonymity, said that 10 of the 12 jurors thought he was guilty on the first and third felony count; one juror thought he was guilty on the second count.
On count one, that Cosby had digitally penetrated Andrea Constand without her consent, the jury voted 10-2 to find Cosby guilty.
On the third count, that the alleged assault happened after Cosby gave Constand drugs without her knowledge, the jury was also deadlocked at 10-2, in favour of the guilty verdict, the juror noted.
Meanwhile, on the second count, that Constand was unconscious or unaware during the incident, the vote was 11-1 to acquit Cosby.
On counts one and three, the two holdouts were "not moving, no matter what" the juror said.
The juror also revealed that the jury initially voted in a non-binding poll, to find Cosby not guilty on all three counts of aggravated indecent assault.
Furthermore, the juror noted that the accusations against Cosby, made by dozens of other women, "never" factored in. "Not once. If somebody would mention something, we would cut them off."
On Saturday, a Pennsylvania judge granted a mistrial after the jury had announced that they were deadlocked for the second time in the trial of Bill Cosby. (ANI)