48 girl students of Kasturba Gandhi Vidyalay fell sick after eating breakfast in their school in Kumarambheem
Kumarambheem,July11: As many as 48 girl students of Kasturba Gandhi Vidyalay fell sick after eating breakfast in their school on Sunday morning in Kautala mandal headquarters in Kumarambheem, Asifabad district. They were first shifted to a local government hospital and later to a government hospital in Sirpur (T) town. Food poisoning is said to be the cause.
Soon after eating breakfast, the students complained of stomach pains and vomiting. Contaminated water and poor quality of the food items are suspected to be the cause.
The local DEO inspected the school and inquired about the incident. Collector Champalal instructed officials concerned to take action against the staff responsible for the incident.