Brad Pitt officially cleared of child abuse allegations
Los Angeles, Nov 23 (IANS) The FBI has confirmed that its investigation into child abuse allegations made against actor Brad Pitt involving his teenaged son Maddox has been closed.
According to Press Association, the actor, who made his first public red carpet event since splitting from wife Angelina Jolie in September, at the premiere of his new movie “Allied” here earlier this month will no longer be investigated by the bureau as it found no grounds for the inquiry, reports mirror.co.uk.
Pitt, who shares six children with his Jolie, was cleared of any wrongdoing after the allegations were made following an alleged incident on a private plane in September. Within days Jolie filed for divorce.
The investigation into the reported clash between the actor and his 15-year-old adopted son Maddox has been closed after a “review of the circumstances”, the agency said.
Pitt has vehemently denied the allegations.
An FBI spokeswoman said: “In response to allegations made following a flight within the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States which landed in Los Angeles carrying Mr Brad Pitt and his children, the FBI has conducted a review of the circumstances and will not pursue further investigation.”
“No charges have been filed in this matter.”