British Police arrests two more Manchester attack suspects

London [UK], May 27 (ANI): British police on Saturday said that they have arrested two more suspects involved in the Manchester Arena terror attack in which 22 people were killed and 59 injured.
Greater Manchester Police said men, aged 20 and 22, were held on suspicion of terror offences after officers used an explosive device to gain entry to the Cheetham Hill property they were living in.
So far, 13 arrests have been made in connection with the ongoing investigation related to the attack that happened on Monday, moments after U.S. singer Ariana Grande finished her performance.
Two persons have been released without being charged which brings the number of suspects being held in custody to 11.
Meanwhile, police have stepped up security at a number of events happening this weekend.
More than 1,000 armed police are on standby as major spectacles, including the FA Cup Final at Wembley and the Premiership Rugby Final at Twickenham, are expected to draw tens of thousands of people into public spaces today.
Military personnel have also been deployed to protect Britain's key sites after the national terror-threat level was raised to its highest level from severe to 'critical', signifying that another attack may be imminent. (ANI)

Top