Car racer Ashwin Sunder and wife killed in car accident
Chennai, March 18: In a tragic incident, the famous car racer Ashwin Sunder and wife Niveditha were killed in a car accident in Chennai.
Ashwin Sundar was a race driver. He was born on 27 July 1985 at Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Reportedly, his car caught fire after he struck another car on the side of the road. Their BMW has lost control and eventually hit a tree and burst into flames in Pattinampakkam in Chennai. Both of them were burnt alive as they could not get out of the car in time.
According to police, the accident occurred around 3:00 AM and that Ashwin was driving the car above the allowed speed limit.
Its a great loss for racing history of INDIA,
As Ashwin sunder is no more.
News by zee news
— NILADRI KAR (@niladrikar08) March 18, 2017
- 2003 – MRF Formula Mondial National champion
- 2004 – MRF Formula Mondial National champion
- 2004 – Debut in Formula FISSME (800cc) and Formula LGB (1000cc); 4th in Indian championship
- 2005 – 2nd runner-up in 150cc 4-stroke class, Ucal National Road Racing Championship
- 2006 – Indian champion in 115cc 4-stroke and 150cc 4-stroke class; adjudged Champion of Champions in India
- 2006 – 1st runner-up in FIM Asia Road racing championship in Underbone class (Under-21)
- 2006 – 2nd runner up in Formula Swift and Formula Hyundai categories in Indian Championship
- 2007 – Indian champion in Formula Hyundai and Formula Swift categories
- 2010 – MRF Formula 1600 International Challenge champion
- 2011 – MRF Formula 1600 International Challenge champion
- 2012 – National Champion F4
- 2013 – National Champion F4
More details awaited.