Check list against CVDs (To go with Cold weather, smog could lead to rise in heart, lung cases)
* Increase in blood pressure.
* Uncontrolled blood sugar.
* Increased incidence of heart attack.
* Increased incidence of abnormal heart rhythms such as atrial fibrillation & ventricular arrhythmias.
* Increased incidence of acute decompensated heart failure.
* Increased incidence of stroke.
* Increase incidence of sudden death.
Factors responsible for increased cardiovascular disease in winters
* Low temperature.
* Increased Salt consumption
* Increased intake of fatty & carbohydrate rich diets.
* Elevated blood cholesterol levels.
* Decreased physical activity.
* Increased coagulation factors.
* Air pollution.
* Increased carbon monoxide levels.
* Increased incidence of respiratory infections.
Precautions one should take in cold weather
* Keep warm.
* Avoid fried foods.
* Regular exercise in mid-day avoiding morning chill
* Avoid pollution.
* Do not smoke.
* Avoid excessive use of heaters in closed space.
* Vaccination in high risk patients.
* Prompt recognition of symptoms and early treatment.
* DO NOT DELAY SEEKING HELP AND TREATMENT