Death toll of Damascus blasts rises to 74: SOHR

New York [USA], Mar. 12 (ANI): The death toll in Saturday's twin blasts in Damascus city of Syria has reached 74, according to UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR).
Earlier, syrian state-run media reported that more than 40 civilians were killed and over 120 were injured.
According to CNN, the SOHR said 20 victims were members of the Syrian regime forces and militiamen loyal to the Syrian regime.
The explosions took place at the Bab al-Saghir Cemetery in the Syrian capital and the attackers used improvised explosive devices, Iraqi Foreign Ministry spokesman Ahmed Jamal said in a statement.
The ministry further said the pilgrims were visiting "holy shrines" at Bab al-Saghir, and that no one has claimed responsibility for the bombings so far.
SOHR said the first explosion happened near the cemetery. When the visitors from the buses gathered around the site of the first explosion to see what happened, the second blast went off. (ANI)

Top