Fix up your beauty woes this winter with basic steps
New Delhi, Dec 19 (IANS) Winter brings on its own woes and pleasures, usually causing woes stealing skin’s moisture. It is important to do your bit to actually counteract the cold and keep your skin looking youthful and smooth by trying out facial massages, exfoliation and a few other steps, says an expert.
Megha Sabhlok, Brand Director of Just Herbs, doles out some tips that can help to lift your skin glow during winters.
Cleanse regularly: Cleanse your face with lukewarm water and the correct face-wash for winters, ideally one that hydrates your skin.
* Indulge in a facial massage: It is important to get a facial massage once a day to make sure that the muscles get an improved circulation. Make sure you massage your face with the moisturizer or face cream well in circular strokes. This is helpful for the skin to attain the perfect moisture.
* Exfoliate: We often forget to help the skin marsh off dead cells in the winter, find an exfoliating mask and use it on your face and your hands, as well as gently on your lips. Exfoliating body washes are also helpful in the winter months.
* Get rid of the winter sun-tan: It is very important to use a face pack perfect enough to remove the sun-tan and also provide you with the appropriate moisture that gets lost due to the chilly winds blowing across the face, making it dull and dry.
* Do not step out without a sunscreen: The sun makes you more prone to the impact of UV rays during winters. A sunscreen is very much needed during the winters.
* Chapped lips aren’t good: Get yourself a lip balm and use it four-five times a day to keep your lips well hydrated. Your lip salve should be smart enough to not only seal in the lips moisture but also impart additional hydration to coarse and parched lips without clogging pores.
* Hydrate from the inside out: Eating foods high in water content can help hydrate your skin from the inside out. Make sure you’re getting enough Vitamin C and zinc to support the healthy production of collagen and elastin.
* Use DIY (Do It Yourself) masks: Homemade hydrating masks can provide needed moisture in the winter months. Use natural moisturizing ingredients like honey, avocado, yogurt, olive and jojoba oils, almond oil, bananas, and aloe.
* Invest in an appropriate night and eye cream: Night skin care routine is very important and should not be skipped. The products works best while we sleep at night. They penetrate deep into our skin. The area under the eyes is the thinnest and the most delicate. An eye cream will prevent damage from sun and air pollution.