Get party ready at home
New Delhi, Dec 23 (IANS) With the party season just around the corner, theres no better time than now to plan your flawless look for all the amazing night-outs that you have lined up. However, while you are putting together a fashion-forward wardrobe for your celebrations, ensure that you are also working towards achieving fresh and smooth skin that will help you look picture perfect!
Celebrity make-up artist, Namrata Soni shares her expert tips on achieving a seamless look and launching into 2017 with a smooth start, irrespective of whether you’re out for a family celebration, an office New Year bash or a glamorous Christmas dinner party with friends.
* Prepare your face: Clean, healthy and good skin makes for a beautiful canvas for make-up. So get that glow back by moisturizing splurge wrap at a spa or opt for a Multani Mitti face pack at home for an instant glow.
* Cleanse and Hydrate: Use a good quality cleanser to clean your skin off the dirt, pollution and other impurities. Top it up with rose water over your face and neck for hydration.
* Get scrubbing: The fastest way to make your skin glow is with a scrub. Start by exfoliating your skin with a scrub or a loofah. If you have sensitive skin, choose to exfoliate with a sugar scrub. Exfoliation is a great way to slough off the dead unwanted skin and allow beautiful new skin to glow through
* Shave It off: If you are attending parties once or twice almost every week, you can’t keep waiting for your next waxing session to wear your favourite dress. I suggest that you introduce shaving into your personal care regimen. It is hygienic and hassle-free and lets you wear your favourite outfit without worrying about the fuzz.
* Keep it moisturised: It is extremely important to moisturise regularly with a nourishing lotion to make your skin feeling soft and supple. Choose a moisturiser that is formulated with glycerine and keeps the skin hydrated.
* Get your makeup right: After prepping, it’s time to enhance your smooth and glowing skin by applying the right amount of make-up. Start by concealing the areas that need attention. Follow it up with a liquid foundation, blending all over to even out the skin tone and finish with a loose powder to balance out the base. Use a bronzing powder and apply just below the cheek bones. This will give your face a sculpted look.
* Balance makeup: It’s important for you to balance out your make-up. Keep the focus on either your eyes or lips. If your focus is lips and you want to sport a pop red lipstick, always opt for a winged liner or smudged brown contoured eyes. If your focus area is eyes, use a creamy black eyeshadow as a base for the eyeshadow as it intensifies colour and makes it last longer.
You may choose to either clash or match your make-up with your outfit. I would recommend going subtle with make-up if you’re opting to adorn some bling, either on your outfit or accessories.