Go ‘knotty’ with scarves
New Delhi, Dec 24 (IANS) Scarves and stoles are absolute must haves for every girls wardrobe during winter. Use them to drape in a multitude of ways and look fashionable, says an expert.
Shikul Narula, a stylist from the globally renowned accessory brand Vismaya, lists an array of stylish ways to adorn colourful scarves and stoles:
* Vibrant scarves can be worn with almost everything. The basic scarf is a must have as it can add some drama and fun to any boring outfit. Simply wrap it around the neck.
* Winter calls for a lot of partying and one doesn’t always want to wear heavy overcoats. Wrap a beautiful hand embroidered stole or crystal laden scarf over a black dress to stand out in the crowd. Pair this with stockings and boots to glam it up.
* Wear scarves with fur, leather, suede or lace. All of these are surely going to make a few heads turn and are bound to bring you a ton of compliments. They will not only add drama to any outfit but will ensure you are on point in your style game.
* You can also use scarves to accessorise your hair. Make a messy bun then roll the scarf all over it and make a knot. This is surely going to come to your rescue on a bad hair day and add to a boho vibe.
* Bow style: This is an extremely elegant way of draping a scarf. Make one side of the scarf longer than the other and make a loop in the upward direction hiding the end. Make a bow by holding the scarf in the centre. Now take the shorter side of scarf and wrap it around the bow. Once done, bring the end of the shorter side of the scarf around the bow and through the middle. When the scarf comes out on the other side pull it to make it a bit tighter and arrange the bow.
* Belted scarves: Let the scarf fall in front of your dress and pair it with a skinny belt. This should be done with a relatively longer scarf which is rectangular in shape. Wear heels with this style as it works to give an illusion of height and makes one look taller.
* If you are going for a professional or formal look this winter, you can enhance the look by draping the scarf around the neck and keep the loop under the collar of the blazer/jacket and keeping the rest of it in front. You can leave the buttons open as well. If your overall outfit is black go for a brighter scarf, as it will add colour to your overall outfit.
* If you are going for traditional Indian wear, go for scarf necklaces in contrast colours for your attire. Make a basic loop, take one end and twist it several times around the loop, ending at the centre front. Repeat it on the other side and then arrange the ends at centre knot. Another way to drape a stole with your Indian wear it to use it as a dupatta and let it hang from one side. This style will make an outfit look unique and keep you cosy at the same time.
* French knot: An extremely popular style which is stylish and super easy! Just fold the scarf in half and put it around your shoulders. Take one loose end and pull it over and under the scarf loop. Take the other end and go under and over the same loop.
* Head scarf: If you want to keep your head warm but not use a boring cap/hat we have some ideas. Wrap a scarf on the back of your head and bring it in front. Make it a crisscross and then again take it back and make a knot. Tuck in the left of the scarf under the knotted area and you have a super stylish headgear.