Highlights of Union Budget-I
New Delhi [India], Feb 1 (ANI): Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is presenting the Union Budget for financial year 2017-18.
Highlights of the Union Budget are as follows:
• We have moved from a discretionary administration to a policy-based administration.
• The focus will be on energizing our youth, to reap benefits of growth and employment.
• India is seen as engine of global growth, have witnessed historic reform in last one year.
• Inflation which was in double digits has been controlled.
• Growth has been restored and measures taken against black money
• Emerging market economies face three challenges: Fed rate hike, uncertainty of oil price, protectionism.
• International Monetary Fund estimates that the world GDP will grow by 3.1% in 2016 and 3.4% in 2017.
• Government has ensured fiscal consolidation without cutting back on public investments.
• Demonetisation of high denomination notes was a bold and decisive measure.
• India has emerged as 6th largest manufacturing country in world, up from 9th. We are seen as growth engine of world. (ANI)