Highlights of Union Budget-II
New Delhi [India], Feb 1 (ANI): Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is presenting the Union Budget for financial year 2017-18.
Highlights of the Union Budget are as follows:
Union Budget, Arun Jaitley, BJP, NDA, Economy
• Demonetisation seeks to create a new normal, it will only have a transient impact.
• Demonetisation seeks to create a GDP which is bigger, cleaner and real.
• Amidst all these challenges, India stands out as a bright spot; current monetary stance of US federal reserve, uncertainty around commodity prices especially crude oil, increasing signs of retreat from globalisation goods as pressure of protectionism build up.
• My approach to this Budget – spend more but keep fiscal position in mind.
• Goal is poverty alleviation but with fiscal prudence.
• Effects of demonetisation are not expected to spill over to next year.
• Merger of Rail Budget a historic step, the autonomy of Railways will be maintained.
• Our Budget agenda is – transform, energise and clean India.
• Target of agricultural loans to farmers set at record Rs 10 lakh crore in 2017-18.
• A dedicated fund worth Rs 5,000 crore to be set up for micro-irrigation under Nabard. (ANI)