Highlights of Union Budget-IV
New Delhi [India], Feb 1 (ANI): Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is presenting the Union Budget for financial year 2017-18.
Highlights of the Union Budget are as follows:
• Hope to provide safe drinking water to 28, 000 arsenic and fluoride affected habitations.
• As Swami Vivekananda said 'education which does not help the common mass of people to equip themselves is it worth of the name?'.
• 100% village electrification will be achieved by May 1,2018.
• For youth, proposed to introduce a system of measuring annual learning; Science to be given focus.
• To complete 1,00,00,000 houses by 2019 for houseless and those living in kaccha houses. Affordable housing projects to be given infra status.
• Stepped up allocation of rural housing schemes to Rs, 23, 000 crore.
• Open defecation free villages are now being given priority for pipe to water supply.
• Two new All India Institute of Medical Sciences to be set up in Jharkhand and Gujarat.
• Swachh Bharat Mission made tremendous progress, sanitation coverage gone up to 60 % now.
• Tax administration honouring the honest is one of the 10 pillars of the union Budget.(ANI)