Highlights of Union Budget-V
New Delhi [India], Feb 1 (ANI): Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is presenting the Union Budget for financial year 2017-18.
Highlights of the Union Budget are as follows:
• For senior citizens, Aadhar cards giving their health condition will be introduced.
• Steps will be taken to launch dedicated trains for pilgrimage and tourism.
• Rail safety fund with corpus of Rs 100,000 crore will be created over a period of five years.
• Rs 1.31 lakh crore for Railways for developmental work, which includes Rs 55,000 crore from Budget.
• A new metro rail policy will be announced, this will open up new jobs for our youth.
• At least 25 stations expected to be awarded during 2017-18; 500 stations to be made friendly for differently abled- by providing lifts and escalators.
• By 2019, all coaches of Indian Railways will be fitted with Bio-toilets.
• Railways will integrate end to end transport solutions for selected commodities through partnership.
• Service charges on e-tickets booked through IRCTC will be withdrawn.
• Allocation for welfare of women and children stepped up from 1.56 lakh crore to 1.84 lakh crore.(ANI)