Home Ministry denies reports of phone tapping
New Delhi, Oct 31 (IANS) The Ministry of Home Affairs on Monday denied reports that phones of judges from the Supreme Court to High Courts were being tapped.
“MHA strongly denies media reports alleging tapping of telephones of some judges. There is no truth in these reports. These reports are baseless and unfounded,” said a ministry statement.
Earlier in the day, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said there were allegations of judges’ phones being tapped. However, Union Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad rejected his claims immediately.