How to get the denim look right
New Delhi, Feb 28 (IANS) Ultra-skinny jeans paired with long slit tops and block-heeled booties or a wide leg, high-waist one teamed up with crop tops and pointed heels, denims can complement any look. You just need to find the right fit and style, says an expert.
Bhavya Chawla, Chief Stylist, Voonik, a fashion app for women, suggests how:
* Spot the fabric carefully: It’s time to stop wearing denims that are stretchable and have legging-like fits as we have had too much of them this winter. Instead, with the summer season approaching, pick rigid and vintage-inspired denims that can give you the old-school feel.
* Go easy with the hems: Most people agree that slim-cut jeans are the hot favourite for every body type, but this season is not about restrictive ankle cuts. If you are willing to make a style impact, go for wider and breezier hems. From ultra-wide legs, cropped flares to the 1970s’ bell-bottoms and boot-cut shapes, the choices are enough to make you turn your back towards the shelves housing ankle-strangling fits.
* Figure out the wash of the fabric: If easy distressing denims were your thing, it’s time to get over with them as white, ivory and sand-coloured jeans are here to stay now. Make a faded pair for yourself or go for a deeper, darker wash. You can experiment with a faded pair of jeans in shades of white, off-white, or an earthy tan hue. These neutral-coloured denims can be paired with everything in your closet, whether it is an oversized olive coloured sweater or with a crisp white shirt for a brunch.
* Grab those oversized all-season denim jackets to save your days: They can glam up any plain dress within seconds.
* Dress up your denim-on-denim look: If you are someone who is crazy about denims and loves to wear a denim-on-denim style, make sure you throw in some pop colour to it or wear a simple, light coloured cotton blazer with it. Also, it will be a smart move if you avoid wearing a top and a bottom of the same shade or wash. In fact, take it as a strict no-no. Further, you must not eye those denim shoes or any other denim accessories to pair with this look.