If you want to free your thyroid gland from pills-Read this
New Delhi [India], May 26 (ANI): According to WHO, depression is one of the major reasons for suicides globally. The story in India is no different.
Even as hyperthyroidism, grows exponentially, with more than 200 million people suffering from the disease worldwide, what's shocking is, more than 50 percent of individuals, who have the disease, remain undiagnosed.
On this note, hyperthyroidism is the overproduction of a hormone by the butterfly-shaped gland in the neck (thyroid).
A recent survey conducted by the Indian Thyroid Society states that one in 10 adults in India suffers from hyperthyroidism, while awareness and diagnosis remain abysmally low.
Hence, it is very essential to know about the disease and look at the ways on how to stay free from the life dampening disease naturally.
# Recognizing the Symptoms:
For an efficient and permanent cure, it's essential that you identify the symptoms early on. There are two main types of the disease:
• Hypothyroidism – Decrease in the hormones produced by the thyroid gland;
• Hyperthyroidism – Increase in the hormones secreted by the thyroid gland, as a result of an overactive thyroid.
– Symptoms of Hypothyroidism:
• Weight gain;
• Depression and Extreme Fatigue;
– Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism:
• Unexplained sudden weight loss
• Problems with vision;
• Disturbances in sleep;
• Nervousness, irritability;
• Muscle weakness.
If you experience any or several of these symptoms, you must get tested to diagnose your condition accurately. Most conventional medicines suppress only the symptoms and do not take any step to identify and eliminate the source of the hormone imbalance.
One can cure thyroid diseases with all-natural remedies that determine the root of the problem and help to balance your thyroid glands.
Smita Sundararaman, founder and managing director at NatureHealz have listed five secrets to fixing this thyroid issue naturally.
1. Switch to Balanced Diets: One of the main reasons for improper functioning of the thyroid glands is improper nutrition. Ensure that you follow a diet that is rich in iodine, selenium and other vitamins that are essential for the proper functioning of the thyroid glands.
Always take the time to prepare your own foods. Try to adopt a healthy diet, to improve the overall health of your family.
2. Limit Processed Foods and Sugar: Processed foods are generally overloaded with sugar, which further worsens thyroid issues. Organic, whole foods retain most of the essential nutrients and vitamins and can help you regulate the imbalances in your hormone levels.
As a rule of thumb, stay away from any food that is too white. Rice, bread, and pasta are all culprits that wreck your system. Try to make the switch to whole grain bread, whole grain flour, brown rice, and millets.
3. Practice Yoga Asanas Regularly: Regular practice of yoga asanas stimulates and supports your entire endocrine system. Asanas like the Sarvangasana (Shoulder stand), Setubandhasana (Bridge Pose), Marjariasana (Cat Stretch), Shishu Asana (Child Pose), Shavasana (Corpse Pose) are excellent for stimulating the thyroid glands and balance the hormone levels. Always consult a trained yoga practitioner before starting any yoga routines.
4. Calm your Nerves with Meditation and Pranayama: Stress is one of the major factors that trigger both hyper and hypo thyroid. You can calm and relax your mind with regular meditation. Chant "Om" for a few minutes daily. Place your hands on your neck just above the thyroid glands and feel the positive vibrations reverberating through your throat as you chant the mantra.
Pranayama or deep breathing techniques like NadiShodan, Sheetali and Sheetkari are very effective in curing the symptoms of hyperthyroidism.
5. Try Alternative Treatment Methods: If you're currently taking any pills or medications for thyroid issues, you can try natural, alternative methods of treatment. These are complementary to your regular medication and do not cause any side effects. In fact, many people who have adopted alternative methods have gradually reduced their dependence on daily pills and cured thyroid problems completely.
# Some of the alternative treatment methods for Thyroid are:
– Acupressure and Acupuncture – One of the leading causes of thyroid diseases is improper functioning of the immune system. With the traditional Chinese method of acupressure and acupuncture, you can improve the efficiency of the immune system and restore the balance of the thyroid glands.
– Hydrotherapy – This involves applying of hot and cold wet towels on the neck and throat. This treatment stimulates the functioning of the thyroid glands and is effective for treating hypothyroidism.
The advantages of adopting natural means to cure thyroid issues are many- from treating the disease permanently without any side effects to improving your overall health and gaining a positive outlook on life, the pros are aplenty.
So, instead of resorting to pills and medications, that just suppress symptoms, try to eliminate the underlying issue completely with natural means. (ANI)