Kick-boxing, jogging help reduce belly fat
New Delhi, Nov 4 (IANS) Want to reduce the stubborn belly fat? Try kick-boxing, which helps in burning maximum calories or jog, which increases your heart rate and improves metabolism, says an expert.
Here are tips by Yuvraj Randhawa, gym trainer, Health Plus (H+), on how one can reduce belly fat:
* Stair exercises: Stairs training will boost your cardiovascular stamina. It will also tone down the lower body.
Walk up and down a flight of stairs for 15 to 20 minutes. One can always increase it later to 30 minutes. See that you maintain a steady pace as it is a great warm up exercise also.
* Kick-boxing: Kick boxing burns about 860 calories in one hour. It helps in burning fat from your waist and thighs. It is a great cardio workout if followed religiously.
* Jumping Jacks: It is one of the simplest aerobic exercises which you can do anywhere at home. It is a great warm-up exercise and great for cardiovascular training. You sweat a lot while dong this exercise which in turn makes you lose the belly fat.
* Bear crawls: Be in a plank position with your arms and legs on the floor and extended. Keep your body flat and crawl forward fast. Put enough weight on your arms. And crawl for 45 to 60 seconds. You can always turn around and crawl back if there is lack of space.
* Tap backs: Put both your arms forward on your waist and step your right leg back. Repeat with the left leg in a rhythmic motion and it should be continuous. Remember to keep your knees soft. This exercise tones your thighs and help in losing belly fat.
* Jogging in place: This is another popular aerobic exercise which increases your heart rate and improves metabolism. Jogging in one place will help in cutting down the belly fat.