Letter from another BSF jawan to Home minister about plight of BSF jawans
New Delhi, Jan11:After Tej Bahadur Yadav’s shocking revelation about misery of Border Security Force’ jawans, India Today accessed a 9 pages long confidential letter that was addressed to the Home Minister by another BSF jawan.
This letter goes on to add weightage to Yadav’s claims. The letter says that money allocated for food of the jawans is often pocketed. He added that nobody listens to their ordeal and no rules laid down by the Central Armed Police Forces are followed.
”We get only 30% of clothing items on time while with duties we are overworked. We have to work for 20 hours instead of 8 and in lieu, we get the sky as roof and balcony to sleep,” it states.
The claims of misery have all been garenering huge support from fellow soldiers of BSF.
- In his 9-page confidential letter, the jawan spelt out all the problems pertaining to food, clothing, housing, deployment, duty hours and weapons.
- In his letter to Home Minister Rajnath Singh, the jawan even said that they are put on duty for 20 hours straight inspite of the 8-hour duty rule on paper.
- The jawan, in his letter, said that the amount allocated for food is not spent on food but on other activities of the day.
- The letter also said that nothing is followed as per the rules of the Central Armed Police Force.
- Tej Bahadur, a jawan of the 29th battalion of Seema Suraksha Bal in Jammu and Kashmir, posted four videos since Sunday, showing the challenging conditions at his post and the substandard food he was being given after 10 hours of duty.