Maharashtra BJP leader Ravindra Bawanthade forces himself on woman in bus,video goes viral
Mumbai,July4:A video of a man kissing a woman in a moving bus has gone viral in Maharashtra. The woman has now filed a rape case against the man who is a BJP leader.
BJP leader Ravindra Bawanthade is absconding after a woman filed a rape case against him.
- A woman filed a rape case against local BJP leader Ravindra Bawanthade in a moving bus in Chandrapur area of Gadchiroli district.
- The case was filed after a video showing Bawanthade and a woman in a compromising position went viral.
- The CCTV video of inside the bus shows the BJP leader kissing the woman and also forcing himself upon her. Other passengers can also be seen sitting in the bus.
- As the video went viral, the woman approached the police and filed a rape case against Bawanthade, who is absconding.
- The woman told the police that Bawanthade had promised that he will marry her and also get a job.
- As the matter is related to a leader of the ruling party, the police is tightlipped over the case.
- The video has sent shockwaves in Maharashtra’s political bylanes. Local BJP leaders have refused to give any statement over the incident.