Minor boy accidentally consumed poison, say police

New Delhi, Jan 4 (IANS) A nine-year-old boy accidentally consumed poison here, police said on Wednesday, adding he was hospitalised and is now out of danger.

Police said the victim has been identified as Muneer is a resident of Shaheen Bagh in south Delhi and a class four student. He was admitted to Alshifa hospital after he complaint of acute abdominal pain.

“The victim is fit and out of danger now. His father, Azhar Dilshad has given in writing to police that his son had accidentally eaten some poisonous substance and he wants no legal action,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police Romil Banniya said.

Muneer’s mother also said that her son had eaten rat poison by mistake, Banniya added.

–IANS

sp/vd

Top