Over 200 students hospitalized after gas leak in Tughlaqabad
New Delhi, May 6: Over 200 students on Saturday were admitted to four hospitals after a gas leaked from a container truck parked near a school in Delhi’s Tughlaqabad area.
“Around 200 children have been admitted to four hospitals for treatment. No one is serious. The situation is normal,” Romil Baniya, Deputy Commissioner of Police, South-East, said.
The incident occurred near the Rani Jhansi Girls School in Pul Prahladpur, Tughlaqabad.
Addressing ANI, Deputy Chief Fire Office Rajesh Pawar stated, “A concoction spillage at the traditions ranges of Tughlaqabad terminal brought about bothering in eyes of the female understudies considering in the Rani Jhansi school, Tughlaqabad. The nearby police, National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), fire, and Centralised Ambulance and Trauma Services (CATS) groups have achieved the spot. The understudies are moved to adjacent clinics. They are accounted for ordinary.”
The main of the school, Manisha, expressed the youngsters had griped of suffocation and aggravation in the eyes while they were imploring.
“At around 7 a.m. in the morning, amid supplication time, the youngsters griped of suffocation and aggravation in the eyes. Immediately, we got the kids out from their classes and called the police to explore. We later sent the youngsters home and the individuals who griped of breathing issue were admitted to three adjacent healing facilities. The educators are present with the understudies in the healing centre,” said essential.
The school specialises affirmed that the understudies were being dealt with and were out of peril.
The father of one of the understudies, who was later called and educated about the episode stated, “I was so stressed when I got the call and hurried to the spot immediately. I have no clue in which healing facility my little girl has been admitted to. I trust she is fine.”
The mother of another understudy stated, “My more youthful child gotten the call which the police had made saying that my little girl grumbled of suffocation and was admitted to the healing centre. I cleared out everything at home and kept running here just to keep an eye on my little girl. Despite everything I need to meet her.”
Facilitate examination concerning the occurrence is in progress. (ANI)