Ozzy overdosed on pills when Sharon had cancer
London, Jan 8 (IANS) Singer Kelly Osbourne has revealed in her upcoming book “There Is No F***ing Secret” that her star father Ozzy overdosed when he learned his wife Sharon suffered a seizure during her cancer treatments.
Kelly recalls that when she ran to tell her father they needed to go to the hospital, “dad was there in his boxers, and I watched him scoop his hands into a bowl of pills, swallow a handful of something, and then wash it down with vodka”, reports pagesix.com.
Later in the ambulance, “he leaned over to put his hand out to see if mum was breathing. Then he passed out with his hand over her mouth … The EMTs tried to pull him off, and dad, not knowing where he was or what he was doing, started to resist out of habit. They pulled over the ambulance and started to call the police”.
Kelly writes she begged them not to call the police and they agreed, but she had to zip-tie his hands to a bar so they could restrain him.
When they arrived at the hospital, Sharon was placed in one room and Ozzy was rushed to another for treatment of a drug overdose and alcohol poisoning.
The book is written in an open-letter form, with letters to actress Joan Rivers, and to racists. It covers topics including dating and drugs and addiction.