‘Sabash Naidu’ shoot to resume from January 2017
Chennai, Nov 5 (IANS) The shoot of upcoming trilingual comedy “Sabash Naidu”, which had to be stopped briefly owing to actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan’s leg injury, will now only resume in January next year, a source said.
Earlier this year in July, Haasan fractured his leg after he slipped and fell at his residence here.
“Kamal sir is feeling much better now and has even started walking on his own. However, he is not completely fit. Hence, the shoot is getting delayed and has been further pushed to January next year,” a source from the film’s unit told IANS.
The team had made plans to resume shoot from December.
“The plan was to resume shoot from next month. However, the make-up team from the US, which has to take care of Kamal sir’s prosthetic look, won’t be available from the third week for December as they will go on a Christmas break. Therefore, the shoot had to be pushed to January next year,” he said.
“Sabash Naidu”, a spin-off on Haasan’s Balram Naidu character from “Dasavatharam”, is being simultaneously shot in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi.
The film also stars Ramya Krishnan, Shruti Haasan and Brahmanandam in important roles.