Siddibapa was channeliser of IM funds: NIA chargesheet

New Delhi, Nov 16 (IANS) Indian Mujahideen’s (IM) alleged key operative Abdul Wahid Siddibapa channelised funds from Pakistan to India via Dubai for conducting terror activities in the country, the National Investigation Agency said in its chargesheet.

“The role and involvement of the accused, Abdul Wahi Siddibapa alias Khan alias Hafeez, has been established during the investigation as a channeliser of the funds received from IM operatives in Pakistan via Dubai for use by IM operatives based in India for conducting terrorist activities,” the chargesheet said.

The NIA on Tuesday filed before Additional Sessions Judge Rakesh Pandit the third supplementary chargesheet against Siddibapa.

The court on Wednesday took cognizance of the fresh chargesheet and posted the matter for hearing on December 6.

The 32-year-old Siddibapa, a resident of Bhatkal in Karnataka and a relative of Indian Mujahideen founders Yasin Bhatkal and Riyaz Bhatkal, was arrested here in May on the charge of conspiring to carry out terror attacks in India, after he was deported from Dubai.

The NIA in its chargesheet said that Siddibapa in 2009-10 attended an IM meeting at a flat in Sharjah in which other accused in the case Iqbal Bhatkal, Afeef alias Mota Bhai, Salim Ishaqi, Sultan Armar, Mohd Hussain Farhan, Shafi Armar and one Pakistani doctor were also present.

“The aim of meeting was to assign specific task to the IM operative for smooth functioning of the IM organisation,” the chargesheet said.

The NIA has chargesheeted Siddibapa under various offences dealing with sections 121A (waging war against the Government of India) and Section 123 (concealing with intent to facilitate design to wage war) of Indian Penal Code and under provisions of Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.

Siddibapa was also wanted for his alleged involvement in the July 2006 Mumbai serial blasts, the 2008 Delhi blasts and the 2010 Chinnaswamy Stadium blast in Bengaluru.

A Red Corner notice was issued against him in December 2013.

He left for Dubai much before the crackdown on the Indian Mujahideen started in 2008. He was detained in the United Arab Emirates and arrested in January 2014.