Skincare tips for Holi
New Delhi, March 2 (IANS) Don’t forget to apply oil, braid your hair and apply sunscreen before going out to play Holi, says an expert.
Blossom Kochhar, Chairperson, Blossom Kochhar Group of Companies, lists some tips which can make your life easy on Holi:
* Before getting your hair dirty with all the colours and harmful chemicals, it is really important to oil your hair properly to save them from all the damage. Therefore, try this nourishing oil. Mix two tablespoon almond oil, two drops of lavender essential oil, a drop of rose essential oil and two or three drops of lemon and apply.
* Always remember to braid your hair before playing with colours as it reduces the chances of colour seeping in your scalp.
* Applying a sunscreen before playing Holi is a must as it is really easy to get tanned.
* For men also, it is really important to take care of their beard. Apply coconut oil/mustard oil/almond oil before playing Holi.
* After playing Holi, it is one of the most taxing task to get rid of all the colour, so we suggest a simple make-at-home pack that will help you get rid of all the colour without damaging your skin.
Take two tablespoon of gram flour, add a pinch of turmeric powder to it, add a teaspoon of honey and then add milk/yoghurt to simultaneously moisturise your skin too.
Keep this pack on for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off with tepid water. You can use this pack on your entire body.
* You can further cleanse your face with turmeric cleanser.
* Moisturise your entire body with honey and shea butter moisturiser.
* Men should remember to apply two or three drops of ylang ylang oil on their beard after they are done with all the bathing and getting rid of the colours.