Some major specification of Mahamana Express train which PM Modi is to flag off today
New Delhi, September 22: Mahamana Express train will be flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The train will be connecting Varanasi with Surat and Vadodara in Gujarat.
The third Mahamana Express is about to flag off via videoconferencing on Friday at 3.30pm as PM Modi is in the two-day visit to his parliamentary constituency Varanasi.
10 things about Mahamana Express train:
1. Mahamana Express is named after freedom fighter and educationist Pt. Madan Mohan Malaviya, also addressed as ‘Mahamana’.
2. The Mahamana Express, with plush interiors, currently runs on the Varanasi-New Delhi and Bhopal-Khajuraho routes.
4. The new weekly train will start from Varanasi every Friday and from Vadodara every Wednesday.
5. The 1,531-km journey between the two cities will take 27 hours and 30 minutes.
6. The train will stop at Bharuch and Surat in Gujarat; Amalner and Bhusawal in Maharashtra; Itarsi, Jabalpur, Katni and Satna in Madhya Pradesh and Chheoki in Uttar Pradesh.
7. The Mahanama Express will have one AC Ist Class coach, two Second AC, eight sleeper and four general coaches, one pantry car and two guard brake vans.
8. There is no AC-3 tier coach in the train.
9. The features in the Mahamana Express include ergonomically designed ladders for climbing to upper berths, snack tables for side berths, windows with powered venetian blinds and roller blinds, LED lights as berth indicators, LED reading lights, fire extinguishers in all coaches and an electrically operated chimney in the pantry car.
10. The train’s toilets have platform washbasins, bigger mirrors, an odour control system, exhaust fans and dustbins.