How to link Aadhaar with PAN? Only one more day left
New Delhi, June 29: Linking your PAN with your Aadhaar is made mandatory from July 1st. The time given to link Aadhar with Pan card would end tomorrow. What’s more, in the event that you don’t have a PAN card, you’ll have to cite your Aadhaar number or Aadhaar enlistment ID while applying for one. You’ll likewise require those numbers to document wage expense forms (ITR). A warning issued on Wednesday altered the Income Tax Rules of 1962 to express that “each individual who has been assigned lasting record number (PAN) as on the first day of July 2017 and who as per the arrangements are required to intimate his Aadhaar number, should insinuate his Aadhaar number” to wage charge (I-T) experts. If your Aadhar is not linked with your PAN, your PAN card will become invalid from July 1st. It may cause trouble when you want to make a banking or financial transaction for which you need your PAN.
HOW TO CONNECT AADHAR WITH PAN
1. Go to this website: https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
2. Sign in, or create a new profile
3. After signing in, click on Profile Settings, and then Link Aadhar in the drop-down menu. You’ll see a new form.
4. Enter your name, DOB and gender, as they appear in your PAN records.
5. Enter your Aadhar number and name
6. You should see a message that confirms that your Aadhaar and PAN have been linked.
7. You’ll be sent an e-mail confirming that it’s been done.
Role of Supreme Court
The Supreme Court of India has upheld the validity of the I-T Act provision, making Aadhaar mandatory for allotment of PAN cards and for income tax returns. But this put a partial stay on its implementation till a Constitution bench addressed the issue of right to privacy. The revenue department then notified amendments to the income tax rules dealing with PAN application, which come into effect from Saturday – July 1.